The History of Katzenjammer Nation (KJN):
Katzenjammer Nation (KJN) was initially founded by a couple of Katzenjammer fans on 8th February, 2012 under the name Katzenjammer Fan Forum (Unofficial). This was in response to an obvious need for a designated fan forum to collect comments and suggestions by Katzenjammer fans in ONE place to be actioned officially by Katzenjammer Management. Links to screenshots of comments that motivated the founders of KJN to create the intial Facebook Group which evolved into Katzenjammer Nation are HERE.
Amongst the concerns mentioned by fans were the lack of a wide range of merchandise in the official Katzenjammer store and the merchandise that *was* available was not distributed internationally at fair and reasonable postage prices. This meant fans were producing their own designs and thus Katzenjammer were losing out on income. There was a clear demand for a wider range of merchandise from Katzenjammer to avoid this under fairer conditions. KJN provided ONE platform for these concerns to be raised and not lost in the vacuum that is Facebook.
For the first two months, the admins of Katzenjammer Fan Forum (Unofficial):
- Collected suggestions and merch ideas from members;
- Conducted polls amongst members to select the KJN Shirt design for the “street teams” and suggestions for an official name of the fan forum;
- Created communication links with Katzenjammer Management;
- Set up a meeting with Katzenjammer Management in March 2012 using to seek approval of the Katzenjammer Fan Forum (Unofficial) Aims from 8th February, 2012 and approval for the KJN “Street Team” Shirt as voted for by members and approval of the name “Katzenjammer Nation” as voted for by members.
At the meeting on 22nd March 2012, Katzenjammer Management authorised the admins of Katzenjammer Fan Forum (Unofficial) to:
- Officially change the name of Katzenjammer Fan Forum (Unofficial) to “Katzenjammer Nation (KJN)”;
- Start implementing all of the KJN Aims which were amended slightly after KJN became “official” and implemented “street teams” – amended KJN Aims are here;
- Set up the concept of a voluntary “street team” for individual counties under the united banner “Katzenjammer Nation”;
- Seek a contract with merchandising companies to set up a KJN Store. Any profit received would go straight to the Katzenjammer girls!
- Start production of the winning design proposals for an official KJN “Street Team” Shirt (as voted for by KJN members)!!!
Since KJN was founded on 8th February 2012, the aim for a wider range of official Katzenjammer merchandise has been achieved with the release of new official Katzenjammer shirt designs; new bags and new buttons (and much much MORE!) in the official Katzenjammer Store. In light of this, KJN Admins have ceased production of the KJN “Street Team” Shirt.
The KJN Store has now been closed, and KJN will focus on its other aims – in particular:
- Organising meetups for KJN Members worldwide before Katzenjammer or solo project gigs; and/or uniting fans through the KJN Forum who cannot travel to gigs;
- Organising PROMO and “street team” action for the Katzenjammer girls and their solo projects.
LINK TO THE CURRENT KJN AIMS IS HERE! 🙂
PLEASE RESPECT KATZENJAMMER‘s COPYRIGHT
AND BUY THEIR OFFICIAL MERCHANDISE TO SUPPORT THE BAND.